10 Best Movies From the 2024 Sundance Film Festival

TELUGU

Question

SUNDANCE 2024 WAS, in a lot of ways, the same as the festival ever was: We came, we saw, we nearly broke our necks slipping on ice while on the way to see a documentary on how American foreign policy in the 20th century was tres ****ed up. The 40th anniversary edition of the Park City-based film festival marked my 20th year attending The House Party That Robert Redford Built, and while so much has changed in that relatively small period of time — not to mention since the fest changed its name and turned “independent film” into a brand — it’s remarkable what’s remained steadfast and constant. Journalists and film lovers still schlep through the snow and bitch about the chaos on the city’s clogged Main Street. Attendees still congregate in cafes and bars, trading tips about what under-the-radar gem to check out. We still arrive in town with a tinge of cynicism about the state of the art form we love not wisely but too well, and still leave having witnessed films that have blown our minds, busted down our defenses and lifted our souls.

BESTOFSUD.jpg?w=1581&h=1054&crop=1

10 best movies

1. Devo
  2. Girls Will Be Girls
  3. Good One
  4. In a Violent Nature
  5. Look Into My Eyes
  6. Love Lies Bleeding
  7. Power
  8. Presence
  9. A Real Pain
  10. Soundtrack to a Coup d’Etat

Honorable mentions go to: Black Box Diaries, DIG XX, Eno (at least, the version that I saw — long story), Gaucho Gaucho, Girls State, I Saw the TV Glow, My Old Ass, Union, and Will & Harper.

Read full article...

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet