Sandeep Reddy Vanga says Prabhas’ Spirit will earn Rs 150 crore on opening day: ‘Spirit is going to be bigger than Arjun Reddy and Animal’

TELUGU

Question

Telugu filmmaker Sandeep Reddy Vanga is confident about his upcoming movie Spirit, starring Prabhas in the lead role.

Sandeep-Reddy-Vanga-says-Spirit-will-ear

Director Sandeep Reddy Vanga is riding high on the success of Ranbir Kapoor’s Animal, which went on to earn Rs 900 crore at the worldwide box office. Despite the criticism that Animal was misogynistic, the masses took to the film making it the biggest success in Ranbir’s career. Now, Sandeep has already moved on to his next film, Spirit, which has Telugu star Prabhas in the lead role. In a recent interview, Sandeep opened up about Spirit. However, his confident claim that the film would mint Rs 150 crore on opening day turned out to be the highlight of the interaction.

Sandeep shared that he is currently busy working on the script of Spirit, as he has to start shooting the film in November or December. While he wrote Arjun Reddy and Animal at his own pace, time is one luxury he will not have for his upcoming project. The filmmaker told Galatta Plus, “I have completed 60 per cent of the script, and I have to start the film by November or December. I think the process will be fast as I had the thought 2.5 years ago and I have been marinating on it for a while. But compared to the other two films, it will be a faster process.”

When asked about the growing expectation from his upcoming film, Sandeep said, “Frankly, I am not thinking about that. I never thought about it for Animal either. I worry about my writing and how I am going to execute it. That’s the most painful process. If you take pressure, you will end up doing what you have already done. That won’t work also.”

Sandeep Reddy Vanga also spilled the beans about Spirit while talking about the pressure to deliver. “The pressure is a made-up thing. Yes, Spirit is going to be bigger than both Arjun Reddy and Animal. The producer is going to put Rs 300+ crore. That is there. I always look into how the producer is going to recover that money. I make sure the producer makes money and then makes another film.”

When asked if the Rs 300 crore budget is a viable business today in Telugu states, Sandeep said, “It depends upon the star. I think for Prabhas garu, it is a valid budget.” He added that Spirit will recover the money. “The producer is safe. With Prabhas and my combination, the expectation, the digital and satellite rights, the producer is going to recover the money. If everything goes well with the teaser, trailer, songs, and posters… whatever we do to grab the audience, if it all goes well, the film will collect Rs 150 crore on the opening day. That’s a trade calculation. Easily, it should do Rs 150 crore.”

Complete article

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet